UPDATE; February 5th:
Gang Gang, Happy Caturday!
The gang sold out GCG’s first edition comic cover during the presale yesterday! The support from the GCG community has been unreal – thanks for all the love!
Due to the quick sellout, we’re opening Phase 3 today at 11:00 AM EST. During Phase 3, Gutter Cat holders will be able to mint 1 free comic per Gutter Cat owned (1 Gutter Cat = 1 free comic mint). Phase 3 will officially close next Caturday, February 12th at 2:00 PM EST. All comic cover NFTs not redeemed during Phase 3 will be burned. Immediately after Phase 3 closes, comic cover holders will be able to burn-to-upgrade/redeem their comic covers for gold and holographic versions.
Gutter Comic #1, Tales From The Gutter, is the tokenized comic cover for GCG’s first ever comic, consisting of three different mintable comic covers: “Blood Brothers,” “Throne of Lies,” and “Streets of Fire.” At the time of mint, each “Tales From The Gutter” comic cover NFT consists only of the comic cover. The downloadable comic files and physical copies will be available within 60 days.
- There are 12,000 “Tales From The Gutter” comic cover NFTs available to mint (4,000 of each cover) throughout 3 phases.
- Phase 1 is a 24 hour pre-sale period where Gutter Cat, Rat, Pigeon and Dog holders can mint up to 9,000 comic cover NFTs.
- Phase 2 is a 24 hour public-sale period where any remaining comic cover NFTs go on sale to the general public.
- Phase 3 is a 1 week free claim period for Gutter Cat NFT holders. There are 3,000 comic cover NFTs reserved for the free claim.
- All unminted or unclaimed NFTs will be burned at the end of the free claim period.
- Mint dapp link will be provided at 2:00 PM EST. on February 4th.
- Phase 1 (2/4 @ 2 PM EST): 24 hour pre sale for Gutter Cat, Rat, Dog and Pigeon holders
- Phase 2 (2/5 @ 2 PM EST): 24 hour public sale (for remaining supply, if applicable)
- Phase 3 (2/6 @ 2 PM EST): 7 day free mint for Gutter Cat NFT holders
Rarities & Utility:
All “Tales From The Gutter” comic covers are initially minted as “normal” edition NFTs. Comic cover NFT holders may collect and burn two normal edition NFTs of the same cover to redeem a gold edition of the same NFT cover. Collect and burn two gold edition NFTs of the same cover to redeem a holographic edition of the same NFT cover. Burn and redeem upgrades will be available shortly after Phase 3 and will only be available for 60 days.
“Tales From The Gutter” comic cover NFT future utility includes:
- Downloadable digital files (available within 60 days)
- Burn-to-redeem physical copies (available in 60 days; open for 1 week)
- Burn-to-upgrade mechanics: 2 of the same normal edition comic cover NFTs may be burned to redeem a gold edition comic cover NFT; 2 of the same gold edition comic cover NFTs may be burned to redeem a holographic edition comic cover NFT. Burn to redeem upgrades will be available shortly after Phase 3 and will only be available for 60 days! Note: holders may only upgrade the same cover (for example, 2 normal edition “Blood Brothers” covers may be burned and redeemed for 1 gold edition “Blood Brothers” cover).
- All utility items for the “Tales From The Gutter” comic cover NFTs are open for a limited time only.
- Price? The price of each comic cover NFT is 0.04 ETH (free for Gutter Cat holders)
- Mechanics? Blind/Random mint; 5 max per transaction; 10 max per wallet (max per wallet doesn’t apply to Gutter Cat free claim)
- Quantity? 12,000 total NFTs available to mint (unminted and unclaimed will be burned)
- Wen Mint? Three phases, starting on February 4th
- Utility? Downloadable files, burn-to-upgrade to gold or holographic editions, and burn-to-redeem physical copy. At mint, only “normal edition” comic covers are available
- *Note: At the time of mint, each “Tales From The Gutter” comic cover NFT consists only of the comic cover. The downloadable comic files and physical copies will be available within 60 days.
Lastly, we want to extend a BIG thank you to everyone who has helped bring GCG’s first edition comic cover to life!
Back in July, we opened submissions for community-created storylines for our first ever comic. After a few weeks and countless submissions, the GCG community vetted about a dozen final comic stories and overwhelmingly chose Discord-favorite BigStupid’s submission. Thank you, BS! Since then, a few members of the GCG community (BigStupid, GWP, davekebo, and turk123) volunteered to help mold BS’s story into a comic and formed the “GCG StoryCore” in order to do so. Since formation, the StoryCore has been hard at work helping develop “Tales From The Gutter” into an amazing piece of creative work – thank you StoryCore for each of your contributions!
We also want to give a big thank you to world-renowned comic illustrator, Tom Velez, who created three kickass covers – thank you, Tom! Additionally, a BIG thank you to everyone with Gutter NFTs that are making cameos in the comic! We love that the community was able to participate in the story.
Finally, we’re thankful for the efforts from all of the comic teams who have been involved throughout the last 6 months. Currently, the “Tales From The Gutter” comic is being worked on by a team of award winning comic artists and creators, and the downloadable files and story will be available in 60 days. We’re deeply appreciative to everyone that has been involved in this creative process, even if your comic work or story is not included in GCG’s first edition comic.
THANK YOU ALL!